|Petranomics Analyzer's Economic Modeler Addresses Modeling Challenges
LayeredRock's Petranomics Analyzer's Economic Modeler addresses the challenging tasks of creating fast and flexible economic models.
Create and modify financial business models with precision, reduced errors and in less time addressing these modeling challenges.
Read about each Challenge below.
- Handle Repeating Business Dimensions Throughout the Model +
- Build and Make Iterative Improvements to your Model with Lightening Speed +
- Manage Model Organization - +
- Construct Model Equations with Logical Names Instead of Error Prone Cell Approaches +
- Write Model Equations Incorporating Model Dimension Arrays +
- Preview Tables of Assumption and Output Intermediate Results Using Dimensions +
- Develop Solution Templates for Reuse and Standardization +
- Use Sub-models to Partition the Model+
- Handle Repeating Business Dimensions Throughout the Model - Economic models contain repeating dimensions such as Products, Time, Regions, Expense and Capital that need to be reflected throughout models. A dimension is a way to describe an array that you want to use to expand a model variable. For instance, the assumption Initial Volume can be changed from a singe value to an array by dimensioning by product. Now Initial Volume has a value for each type or model of product. Model variables can have none, one or multiple dimensions. You can accelerate the development of your initial model and subsequent changes by using Petranomics' Dimensions. You define and associate assumptions and outcomes in the model. For example, you can add dimensions of Product Line and Time to assumptions like Price and Unit Volume. Then, the change is reflected wherever Price or Unit Volume is used in the model, which saves significant effort, reduces errors, simplifies the model and improves its readability.
- Build and Make Iterative Improvements to your Model with Lightening Speed - Petranomics dimensions make iteration detailing significantly faster and easier. For example, if you need to add an additional product, you simply add a new product member to the product dimension. With Petranomics' Fast Modeling software, building and improving your models removes the "changing-the-model-hesitation" that limits your understanding and decision power.
- Manage Model Organization - As models grow and evolve, they become increasingly difficult to manage and organize. You can manage models, sub-models, categories and sub-categories within models like Expenses and Marketing Expenses with Petranomics' Grouping capability.
- Construct Model Equations with Logical Names Instead of Error Prone Cell Approaches - Avoid the cellular reference confusion by constructing models with Petranomics' Assumptions and Outcomes defined by logical names you define. With Logical Names and Dimensions capabilities, equations are much simpler to write, understand and reduce the problem of cellular reference in classic spreadsheet models. With the Petranomics Economic Modeler, the equations are constructed via a point-and-click selection of assumptions, outcomes, dimensions, functions and operations.
- Write Model Equations Incorporating Model Dimension Arrays - Writing model equations for repeating arrays of data or model dimensions is time-consuming and repetitive, whether it’s the first instance or downstream equations used by other outcomes. Petranomics' Economic Model Equations Editor allows incorporation of the model dimension to handle arrays from assumptions and outcomes, which saves a significant amount of work. The editor also reduces the number of equations to write, verify and maintain, and greatly accelerates model creation and iteration time.
- Preview Tables of Assumption and Output Intermediate Results Using Dimensions To ensure confidence in each step of the model-building process, Petranomics' Assumption and Outcome Display, shows the assumptions or outcomes as you build them. In addition, when dimensions are used, the table of inputs or outcome results can be pivoted as desired for easy viewing.
- Develop Solution Templates for Reuse and Standardization - For repeating problems or where standardization of models, structure or naming is required, solution templates can be an important time-saving technique. Economic models can be saved as solution templates.
- Use Sub-models to Partition the Economic Model - For some economic patterns, partitioning the model into sub-models can improve maintenance and reusability. Allow user inputs through sub-models or choose to over-ride their inputs.
Learn more on Petranomics Analyzer's Analysis Tools
Decision Analysis Solutions for Increased ProfitabilityTM